Monday, December 9, 2013

Girls Night with the Besties

Happy Monday! One more weekend down, only two more until Christmas! Oh and my sister visiting. Yay! This time of year is so fun. I love it. It is a great time to make memories with your family and friends. My favorite part is getting holiday cards in the mail. Growing up, I remember my sister and I would fight to see who could get to the mail box first and open the cards.
 
This weekend my besties and I had a girls night. Always a fun night when you are with friends.


We also did a small gift exchange. I saw this on a blog a few years back, and it is meant for a larger group, but we will had fun with it.  

Favorite Things Exchange:
Here's how it works:
Each guest was asked to pick a favorite item (costing no more than $5), purchase five of that particular thing, and then bring all five items to the party. Once there, everyone’s name was put in a basket five times. Then each guest took turns sharing all about their favorite thing, why they love it, and where they bought it! Next, they picked five names from the basket, careful not to pick their own name or any duplicate names and proceeded to pass out their "thing" to the five names they chose.  At the end of the party, each guest goes home with five different "Favorite Things"! 

I purchased each of the girls an Anthropology mug with their initial on it. Find it here. Limited addition!
Here is what each of my friends gifted...
Katie: Rabbit Wine Pourer with Stopper. Anything wine in my books is a WIN!
Jenni: Kate Spade socks. She purchased hers from TjMaxx, but you can find them here.
Julie: Essie Mink Muffs nail polish! 
Erin: Ulta Plush Drama Mascara. Erin is a newly engaged woman as of last night! Congratulations Erin!
We also drank some wine and made cookies (which was kind of a fail). We were so busy chatting we didn't have time to pay attention to our cookies. I'll take the girl talk over cookies any day. I call the night a success!

And because my dog is the cutest here is her Christmas picture! Hope everyone is enjoying their Holiday Season!



 
 

1 comment :