Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Blogging Begins!

Hey All! Welcome to City Girl Living in a Small Town World! I picked this title because I truly am a City Girl Living in a Small Town World, and wouldn’t change it for anything. I’ve been inspired by many blogs that I read on a daily basis, I thought it was time to start my own! So here we go!
I will start off with a little information about myself and my life.
My name is Haley, and I feel like a pretty lucky girl. I grew up in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, and graduated with a little less than 1,000 kids in my class. I now live in Hubbard, Iowa, which is a town of less than 1,000 people. Two completely different places, but I feel fortunate enough to experience both worlds!
My husband and I met while I was in school at Iowa State University, and I was working at one of the college bars. He would come visit me, and would try to take me on dates, but I kept pushing it off. I finally realized, what do I have to lose, and let him take me out. And so they say, the rest is history.

We moved in together 3 months after dating, kind of gutsy, right? My husband was working for a construction company where he would spend most of his days working “on the road”, so he was gone for 3 weeks at a time. We lived with one of my best friends Amanda, so her and I were basically the keeper of his stuff. It worked out well.
Eventually, Josh asked me to move to his home town of Hubbard, Iowa with him, when he purchased our first home. At this point, we had been together for 3 years, and I already felt like a part of his family. (In a later post, I will write about living in a small town with his large family! It’s pretty amazing!)
We have a puggle named Daisy! She is ornery and sweet.  She keeps me company while my husband is away. We are anxious to expand our family, and that will happen in time. 

In the last 6 years, we’ve changed careers, made memories and became husband and wife!
Looking forward to writing many more posts about love, life and happiness!
 

1 comment :