Friday, February 14, 2014

Baked Cashew Chicken + Happy Valentines Day

First, want to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day! Give those loved ones lots of hugs and kisses today! I know a lot of people think this holiday is silly, but I love it! I can't wait for many more years of love, hugs and kisses from my favorite Valentine!
This is one of my favorite recipes I've made lately! It was so flavorful! It might become a staple recipe at my house!

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes

 Ingredients:
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (hormone free is what I would use)
  • 1/2 cup ground cashews
  • 2 tablespoons diced onions (red or white)
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 1 tablespoon cashew butter (I used peanut butter, only because that is what I had)
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro (I used 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro)
  • 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (I used 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Instructions:
  • Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
  • Put the chicken breasts in an oven-safe baking dish large enough to hold the breasts in a single layer. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the berries and spread over the chicken. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
I found this recipe in The Fast Metabolism Diet Cookbook by Haylie Pomroy.


No comments:

Post a Comment