Monday, February 10, 2014

Turkey & Spinach Meatballs


Along with my Crossfit challenge this month, I am also doing the 10 day Advocare cleanse. This means for the next 10 days, I am going to be eating super healthy and clean. Over the weekend I made Turkey & Spinach Meatballs. Lately, I've been seeing a lot of ground turkey meatball recipes, so I found 3 different ones that I liked, and combined different ingredients from the three recipes. One of the recipes I found here.

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound ground turkey (93% lean)
  • 1/4 cup onion
  • 1 egg (optional)
  • 1 packages frozen spinach (Make sure you thaw it and squeeze all the liquid from the spinach)
  • 3 garlic cloves (use less if you do not want a strong garlic flavor)
  • 1 can Rotel (or an All Natural can of tomatoes and chili's)
  • 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Instructions:
  • Preheat oven at 350 degrees
  • Mix all ingredients together.
  • roll into large sized meatballs
  • bake on a non stick baking sheet for 25 minutes or until turkey is cooked through.
I did enjoy these. They were of course, easy to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment