Monday, March 24, 2014

Gingered Shrimp and Veggie Stir-Fry

OH MY LANTA, this has to be the BEST yet. If you like spicy food, you will enjoy this recipe! I love to try new recipes for the reason of finding one that will be a staple in my house hold. Another great thing about this recipe, it freezes really well. In my book, that is important especially when 75% of the time I am cooking for one.
 Ingredients:
  • 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
  • 2 pounds shrimp, cleaned and deveined
  • 2 yellow squash, sliced
  • 1 cup mushrooms
  • 1 cup chopped bok choy
  • 1/4 cup sliced asparagus 
  • 1 cup diced tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup coconut aminos
  • 1/4 minced ginger (I used ground ginger)
  • 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
  • 1 tablespoon sea salt herb mix (I used regular sea salt, and then Mrs. Dash Herb and Onion Mix)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
  • 4 cups cooked wild rice




 Instructions:
  • Heat a large heavy-bottomed skillet or wok over medium head and when hot, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil, tipping the pan to coat it. Add the shrimp and stir-fry for about 4 minutes or until pink. Remove from the pan and set aside. Re-coat the pan with the remaining oil and add the squash, mushrooms, bok choy, and asparagus. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly tender. Add the tomatoes, coconut aminos, ginger, sesame seeds, salt mix, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Return the shrimp to the pan, mix with the other ingredients, and cook just until everything is headed through. Serve over rice. (I think if you wanted you could serve this over brown rice instead of wild rice.)
  • Serves 8
This was the first time I've cooked with bok choy, and I want sure what to expect. Bok Choy is basically Chinese cabbage. When I was looking for it at the store, it was HUGE, so I just tore off a couple leaves. That worked out very well.

I give this recipe 5 STARS! It is from The Fast Metabolism Diet Cookbook (Clearly, my favorite cookbook).

Seriously, try this recipe out friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment