Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Long and Slow Beef Stew

So, I've been debating for days if I was going to even share this recipe, only for the fact that my pictures are terrible. It doesn't look appetizing, but if you trust me, it was delicious! I present to you Long and Slow Beef Stew! This stew has some GREAT flavor!
I've never attempted at making a stew before, but am loving being able to make something like this, and then freeze it into single portions.
Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds beef stewing meat (preferably grass fed)
  • 1/4 cup arrowroot
  • 2 cups shredded cabbage
  • 1 cup diced celery
  • 1 cup green beans, cut in small pieces (I forgot to add this..oops)
  • 1 cup quartered mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup diced onions (scallions), white and green parts
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 4 cups organic beef broth
I decided to cut up all of my ingredients the night before. This way I could just pour them all into the crock pot right before I ran out the door in the morning. It was then was ready for me at lunch time.
Instructions :
  • Put all the ingredients in a slow cooker with 2 cups of water and cook for 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low. Remove the bay leaf and serve piping hot. 
  • Serves 8
How simple and easy does this look? I am all for crock pot meals, especially healthy ones!
Again, this recipe is from The Fast Metabolism Diet Cookbook. If you've checked our information on The Fast Metabolism Diet, this recipe will work for Phase 2.

2 comments :

  1. This looks good! Pinning to make this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see thyme in your picture but not in the recipe? Did you use it and how much? Thank you

    ReplyDelete