Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hard-Boiled Egg Whites Stuffed with Minced Veggies

Last night I spent a while preparing meals for the next two days (I finally was able to go to the grovery store! I really do enjoy cooking, baking and making recipe's into ones I enjoy! I am currently on Phase 2 of The Fast Metabolism Diet, which means lean proteins and vegetables. (This really is not a diet, more of a way to eat lifestyle)

My week usually looks like this:
Monday & Tuesday: Phase 1
Wednesday & Thursday: Phase 2
Friday, Saturday & Sunday: Phase 3

I am usually one that does not give enough time to myself to make breakfast before I need to walk our the door and head to work, so I do a lot of preparing the night before. Last night I decided to make these Hard-Boiled Egg Whites.
Ingredients:
  • 3 hard-boiled eggs
  • 1/2 cup cooked, minced veggies (I used Mushrooms, Onion, Garlic and Celery)
Instructions:
  • Peel the eggs, cut them in half lengthwise, and discard the yolks. Fill with the minced veggies and serve right away. (I boiled my eggs and cooked my veggies the night before, so this morning I just heated up the veggies, and filled the eggs this morning. I think they turned out well, and I felt full after)
This recipe I also found in the Fast Metabolism Diet Cookbook.
This is really easy to prepare the night before, and then take 2 minutes in the morning to put together. I know a lot of people are guilty of missing breakfast in the AM, but it is very important to start your day out with a meal, and of course keeping it healthy. Indulging in Cinnamon Rolls (homemade ones are sitting upstairs at my office, and it has taken a lot of will power not to dig into one today).

You really can add any kind of vegetable to the mixture, pepper, asparagus, cabbage, and the list could go on. Using left over vegetables from the night before will always work well.

I think this recipe is considered Gluten Free and Paleo? Maybe I am wrong, because I do not follow those.

Currently cooking in my crockpot is a Phase 2 stew! Can't wait to share that recipe!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment