Thursday, March 6, 2014

Roasted Chicken with Roasted Mushrooms

Coming back from vacation, I had not been to the grocery store for the past 2 weeks, so we were eating a lot of unheatlhy stuff. The other night, I needed to get my act back into gear. My father in law brought me over a large box of mushrooms, so of course I started to google recipes with mushrooms. I came across this one. It took a while to roast, so when it was done, I was STARVING. I took a couple quick pictures, and didn't really look at them until after I was done devouring the chicken. As you can see by my doodles, the picture looked like an R rated picture, so I had to cover it up.
 
It actually was a pretty simple recipe, but not quick.
Here is my version of the recipe.
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Lemon
  • 1/2 Red Onion
  • 6 garlic cloves, crushed
  • Thyme (I just used dried, and sprinkled some into the mixture for taste)
  • Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
  • Mushrooms (as many as you want)
  • Cherry Tomatoes (usually I use one container)
  • Balsamic
  • Olive Oil
  • 3 to 5 pound whole chicken
I did as the recipe called for, cutting the lemon and onion into 4 pieces each, crushed the garlic, added some thyme and olive oil. Mixed together and stuffed it into the cavity of the chicken. I then roasted the chicken at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. While that was in the oven, I cut up the mushrooms lengthwise into thinner pieces and the cherry tomatoes in half. I spread those out on a baking sheet, drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette, and sprinkles with sea salt and pepper. After the 45 minute timer went off, I added the baking sheet with mushrooms and tomatoes into another shelf in the oven. I set the timer for another 45 minutes.
 
This meal will last us around 3 days, maybe 4. Lunch and Dinner! I was very satisfied with how it turned out. That was my first attempt at cooking an entire chicken. I wish I could have snapped a couple better picture, but the one above will have to do.
 
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment